Search This Blog

Monday 25 December 2017

"Happy Winter"? Why I'm Grateful To Be 'So Old' That I Remember When It Was Normal To Say "Merry Christmas"

Zero Hedge

Having recently found myself walking the streets of Berkeley, Calfornia, in need of caffeinated distraction from the liberal goings on around me, I stepped fortuitously into the nearest Starbucks, ordered and received my 'iced grande extra hot lemon-spiced latte, add sprinkles, 3 pumps syrup', my transaction was completed with the somewhat-shocking-to-me remark from the otherwise-lovely young female barista... "Happy Winter".

I was perplexed - are we now so far down the politically-correct-drain that the 'safest space' during the christmas holidays is a greeting that is thankful for a season?

The answer, I am afraid is yes.. And Douglas Mackinnon, writing for The Daily Caller, seems to agree: Grateful To Be ‘So Old’ That I Remember When It Was Normal To Say ‘Merry Christmas’

When many people start to creep up to the age of 50, 60, or 70, they begin to lament the onset of “old age” and fantasize about the fountain of youth or hope Google is about to market some alien-inspired gadget which will zap them back into a twenty-something.

Read more

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...